Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Book of Mormon

I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks about what Elder Ballard spoke about in regards to using your blog to help foster positive images of the church and to spread the gospel. I've tried to ponder some on that and what I could write about. Well, my friends, tonight I had an experience to share. Completely out of the blue last night Lyndsi (my 5-yr-old) handed me her copy of the Book of Mormon and said, "Mom, we need to read scriptures." How can you refuse her that? So, we started reading. I kind of wondered if it was a little whim, but tonight again, she pulled out that little blue book and handed it to me. Again we read. This time I tried to put a little more effort and explain on her level what was going on. Now, we're on page 2 maybe a couple of verses down the page, and I felt the overwhelming feeling that yes, this book is true! I've known it all my life, but to have that confirmation again is wonderful. After that I was so excited to try and help my sweet baby girl understand what was going on. I feel very grateful that my 5-year-old is excited to read the scriptures and that I get to be a part of that.

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

That is so great to hear that Lyndsi is always getting excited to begin reading the scriptures. It is because of the example of her parents.

Jamie said...

We've been reading scriptures every evening at 7:30 p.m. Jacky repeats what we say but Max likes to read on her own. It's been great! Keep it up!