Monday, January 7, 2008

Healthy Resolutions


I love the start of a new year and all the resolution setting that comes with it. This year I've decided I want to be healthy. I want to get in shape and be more active. I want to replace fat with muscle and I want those endorphines (happy hormones) that come with exercising. To help me with my goal, I wanted to join a group, but thought I would feel self-concious at a weight-watchers meeting or the like since I am mostly aiming to lose only a little fat. I ended up going with Denise Austin's online program "Fit Forever!" Ok-so she can be a little cheesy, but I find the constant cheerfulness somewhat uplifting and she's very encouraging. Today is day 1 but so far I like it. It's also nice to have a place to report in, to get help with meals, track my progress, etc. I am very excited about it. I have other goals this year like actually scrapbooking, save a little more $$, give up the credit card, going to the cabin, getting together with friends/family more, but becoming healthy and adopting a more healthy lifestyle is my focus this year-both physically and spiritually. Does anyone have any fun goals for 2008?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I want to read more and be stronger. I've exercised and done strength training every day except Sundays for 3 weeks. The strength thing came about before New Years but it's still my yearly goal.

Angie said...

Mine too. I also started before christmas. I just seem to get excited about New Year's goals and try to get a head start on them. Good luck in your goals. Pass on the names of good books you read!

Tams Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tams Family said...

Good for you! I know it's something that I will be working on as well, although I don't think I'll refer to it as a New Year goal. Sometimes they don't last much past the first few months. :)

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I loved her way back when I was once young and fit. I would faithfully watch her show and one called bodies in motion. She looks great she has got to be old- exercise is the key huh:)