Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm A Believer


I've used the Mr. Clean magic eraser before and have seen good results, but honey, I am a BELIEVER now! I have been putting off my disgusting shower because anytime I tried to clean it with other products, it took way too much muscle and toxic fumes to get any results-let a lone the ones I wanted. Last week I decided I had enough and wanted a sparkling shower again. I mulled my plans and tactics over in my head and had the thought that I have a few friends who use that little white eraser on everything. Why not? I'll try it. At least there isn't the toxicity in the air like with bleach. Ladies (and any gentleman that may drop in), I now have a very sparkly, white, CLEAN shower. Thank you, Mr. Clean. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!


I also BELIEVE that I can change. The other night Jeff and I were chatting while playing a game. I confessed that I have no follow through. So, we made a list of several things I haven't finished mostly because I lost interest or got it done "enough" to get by. I am happy to say that several things just were checked off yesterday with not much effort. What a silly girl I am.


I believe that I am hungry now, so I'll go fix dinner....


7 comments:

Melissa Ash said...

Question. Didn't it leave just fall apart on you? I have friends that say that they love those things, but I used one, and HATED it! It totally fell apart on me, and the bathtub was a worse mess after I used it. What did I do wrong?

marlene said...

Oooo...I am going to try that - showers/tubs are one of my least favorite chores. Thanks for the tip.

And by the way, following through is always the hardest part - for me, making lists, organizing and planning come very naturally. But, when it comes to actually getting it all done, I am a procrastinator. I tell myself that I work better under pressure/a deadline. With some things that may be true, but usually I think it is just an excuse :) And yes, it does become easy to do a mediocre job or to lose interest and excitement for whatever the project may be. I think a big roadblock for me is this mental block that tells me it will take too long. And yet, when I just buckle down and do it I am always pleasantly surprised and how it all comes together. I tell my kids (at least ten times a day), "just get the job done." I think I should follow my own advice more often :)

Great post.

Jamie said...

I love those magic erasers. They're awesome! I generally tend to finish things but I procrastinate and never start tasks. She my house is littered with tasks that should be done. But once I get going, I go till it's done.

Tams Family said...

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought to try it in the bathroom. Anything to make cleaning easier (and to help us busy moms follow through!)

Cami said...

I don't know if my pride will let me make a list with my husband of all my 'undones.' Good for you!

I'll be in my shower with Mr. Clean.

Melissa said...

I used my Magic Eraser in the shower after I read this and I LOVE it!! I didn't even have to scrub hard! Thank you so much for the tip!! Although, I do have some sad news.....Mr. Clean died yesterday. He was 92! Sad!

Eric and Hannah said...

I LOVE Mr. Clean! It is good with pencil on the wall or skuff marks on the walls as well! I saw an email once though, don't let your kids rub it on their skin. It will eat it up and leave major burns! It works great on everything else though!!!