Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feelin Groovy

Feelin good today, despite staying up too late last night (again). What can I say? I was happily crafting with no hubby reminding me that my body needs more than 5 or 6 hours of rest a night. What kept me so happily entertained? Well, it wasn't prime time/late night TV. That's for sure. (Although, WE had a fun show called Amazing Wedding Cakes that was sort of interesting.) I was learning how to make bows. A few years ago one of the little girls Lyndsi danced with always had these super cute bows that her mom makes and sells (Google Bows and Bobbies). She ended up making all the girls in her tap class bows for their Christmas recital because the ones that the seamstress made to go with the costume were hideous. The new bow was so stinkin cute, I had to figure how to make them. Well girls. It's been almost 3 years since then that I've been on my quest and I think I finally figured out how to make them. I found a website that had some easy to follow instructions and voila! Beautiful bows. (I also just figured out how to add text to my pics. So cool.) BTW-Sophie's cute Halloween bows are some I bought from Bows and Bobbies.





















Also, I was going through some photos on my camera and realized I had a couple of fun pictures of the expo. This is me and my sweet niece, Gabby. Then comes Ranae, me and my "edward" stamp, Cami, and then my SIL Lisa, Gabby, and me. It was a very fun day spent with the best girls.




4 comments:

Cami said...

Aack! Those bows are adorable!!! Love my pic...texting instead of scrapping. No wonder you beat me! Your pizza stones saved my skin last night THANK YOU!!!

Cami said...

Oh, I didn't read that you'd only gotten 12 done.
And no, I didn't get to relax last night, but I had so much fun. Nearly everyone came and we had a few extras too. It was all good.

Eric and Hannah said...

Those bows are adorable and their hair looks so cute! Look at my friends list. I have a link to "Babes in hairland" and "She does hair". They are blogs w/ tons of hair ideas for those days you just don't know what to do with their hair. The only problem is that Mackenzie no longer wants "cute" hair. She is way to cool for that! :(

I was at the expo on Saturday......would have been fun to see you there!

Melissa said...

I love those bows!! So cute!! I really need a girl! I can't believe you taught yourself to make them! One of these days I'm going to have to have you teach me so that I can make some as gifts! They are just so freaking adorable!