Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's OVER!!


(Cami-just because you asked me to. :) )
Sorry I have't posted. Mr. Darcy was just too easy on the eyes to bump him down a bit. But, life goes on and tax season is now OVER! Yipee!!

To celebrate, Jeff took me to Mimi's Cafe for dinner where we overheard a young mother complain to her parents, "this season was just so hard and long!" to which Jeff and I wanted to reply, "Amen!" It did make us a laugh. The food was excellent. If you haven't been there, you need to go. (Their breakfast is especially amazing. Be sure to order the fresh-squeeze OJ.) Afterwards we went shopping for some summer clothes. (Note to self: Do NOT go shopping for any kind of clothing after eating a huge meal that included both appetizers and dessert!)

Over the weekend we took the kids to the cabin for a couple of days to relax (us) and play with Grandma and Grandpa (them). Trust me. Grandma and Grandpa did very little relaxing. My kids had them running all over the place from hiking, to working, to riding in the wheel barrow. I think my FIL was very glad when we left (and very tired)!! We all had a great time though. We did some geocaching, shooting, watched movies (Jeff brought a projector but unfortunately we forgot the speakers. Oops.) ate yummy food. It was so nice to just be together and not worry about work, cleaning or anything else.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I'm lamenting because Merril's 30th birthday is tomorrow and I haven't planned anything yet. Isn't that lame of me?

Melissa said...

Sounds like a Blast!! And I LOVE Mimi's Cafe!! Have you ever tried their Fried Chicken Salad? So GOOD!!! It was fun seeing you guys last night!! Have fun in St. George!! :)

Emily Youngdell said...

Ange, that is a foxy picture of you with the gun. Ü

Cami said...

Lots of fun.
I haven't been to Mimi's yet.
We should give it a try.

KarsonK2 said...

Ang nice picture w/ gun! Looks like good rustic fun.

You should check out my new gun. It is the 2nd entry down on my blog.

Julie and Eric said...

Family time is treasured time! I'm so glad you and your hubby got some one and one time after the long tax season. Cute pictures!
Juie

Randi said...

I found it!! I searched all my e-mails until I found it! I am so excited! It was great to see you, I hope you made it home! We miss you guys!