Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!





I woke up unusually early this morning and decided to make some muffins. Of course my dog saw me and wanted to go out. As I opened the back door, I got a blast of cold air and looked up to see the world covered in a soft blanket of snow!


When Lyndsi walked in still sleepy-eyed, I told her to go look out the window. Her eyes instantly brightened and she was nonstop chatter about Christmas now might come before Halloween. Thankfully, I still have a couple of holidays til Christmas despite the snow. Then McKay wakes up and informs me he is going to eat breakfast in his "P" jammies. (He has to get dressed first normally or he'll through a fit and refuse to eat.) I ok-ed this, but told him he had to look out the living room window first. His eyes also got big and as he jumped up and down on the couch he exclaimed, "I knowed it could snow!!" It was too cute. With early church, it's almost needless to say McKay threw snowballs at us all the way to church.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of snow in any month other than December, but ya gotta admit there is something special about the first snow fall of the year.


1 comment:

marlene said...

The pictures remind me of my tulips in the spring - there is always a few times each year that I can see the pretty colors through a light layer of snow. I love it! Sorry the weather messed with the Fall Frolic - everyone said it was still a good time!