Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Forever

It has been so long since I last posted, but all with good reason. I've been rereading Twilight and New Moon to get me ready for Eclipse, which I finished Sunday. Loved them. Eclipse is the best of all three. Unlucky for me, the 4th one won't come out until next fall. Sigh. Harry Potter is finished, so not much new to look forward to in the literary world right now. I think I'll take a moment to get back to some of the classics, i.e. Jane Austen. Ah ha!! (I just had a light bulb moment) Shannon Hale, another favorite author, has a few books I haven't read including a new one about a girl obsessed with Jane Austen. How long to you think I'll have to wait for "Austenland," me being number 117 on the library waiting list??

In other news, it is just way too hot right now. Yesterday, it was 82 INSIDE my house!! Ick. I thought I moved away from this yucky August heat. I'm not quite ready for the cooler temps of fall, but I'm getting there. I've started pulling out some of my fall/harvest scented candles. My favorite? Cranberry Autumn by Salt City Candles. So yummy!! I want to bake pumpkin things, too, but when it's above 80 degrees inside, baking is not the best idea. Instead, I try to remind myself to enjoy these last weeks of summer and warm weather while I can.

On a more serious note, I'm saddened by the death of Pres. Faust. I was really starting to see more of who he is with my "spiritual" eyes. I especially loved his last Conference address on forgiveness. You could hear the love this man has for his calling, the Lord, and for each of us as he talked about the sad story of the Amish school shooting. We have been so lucky to have such a leader!

1 comment:

marlene said...

I am looking forward to fall as well - it is my very favorite season. And oh baby, bring on the scented candles. I generally only burn candles from September through December. I love a candle called Harvest Spice from a company called Ashman Candles. It is different then pumpkin, but oh so yummy! Then I move into the cinnamon and the pine tree scents. I am glad you gave me the reminder - I now have something to anticipate!