Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2-Diary of a Sometimes-Seamstress

Having kids really gets in the way of sewing (or any other "me" time, even if it's really not for me.)  I managed to get down to my sewing machine around 9 after watching the weigh-in portion of The Biggest Loser (go Moses!!) and playing with my happy baby.  I made a lot of progress on the bodice.  The 2 front pieces and one side are all sewn together and raw edges surged.  The other side has been left open for the zipper.  The back piece has both darts in place.  The tie is very nearly done.  (Husbands don't help with the get-the-sewing-done either.)  And it's all pressed.  Pressing really makes a difference.  If you sew, do it.  You'll be glad you took the extra time. After my progress today, I'm glad I gave myself 2 full weeks to get it done. :)

2 comments:

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

I am excited to see your new dress! I am not near as talented as you are! I love that you are making one! :)

Ashlee said...

I can't wait to see it! You made some super cute dress for your girls. Sewing is something I wish I could do.