Monday, December 8, 2008

Playing Favorites

Last night we had Jell-O for dessert. Jeff dished up the bowls according to how much each person would eat. McKay grabbed a bowl and almost immediately started throwing a fit because he didn't have much jello in his bowl. Jeff kept trying to convince him that he had lots of Jell-O.

Frustrated, Jeff tried to explain, "McKay we like you more so we give you more!!!"


Well, I could no longer play the silent observer. I cracked up laughing (as I'm doing now remembering the moment.) When Jeff realized what he said, he cracked too. Fortunately, McKay calmed down enough for us to explain that he had grabbed Sophie's bowl (which didn't have much). We gave him his bowl and all was well. But, we laughed all night over that one!


I promise, we like all our kids the same. Really.

7 comments:

Cami said...

Four-year-olds and fits. Sigh...
Funny story and long time, no post!
Glad to see you here again. ;>

Anisa said...

Sometimes it's so hard to like them equally:)

Tams Family said...

It's funny what happens during those moments. Kids are so funny too. Sometimes they don't even care and then other times it's as though the world has ended over a bowl of jello.

Cami said...

Well, Angie it's called Last Christmas and it's by Wham! and I love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3354flS1KJs

Malea said...

Yo, sistah Maynes! Yes, I think about you too, every time I drive to SkyWest to visit Matt, and pass by our old diggs. We sure did get out while the gettin' was good:)Soo, guess what? I totally forgot about your little McKay, when I named my youngest boy McKay! We needed an M name, as everyone is an M, and McKay came to mind. I see you've multiplied and replenished well. I saw KariAnn the other day in Walmart, did you know she had a baby girl about 9-10 months ago? She's a blondy and has cute little lips. I'm very happy you found me. Oh... and Return to Me is a favorite movie of mine as well. FYI

Jen said...

One year for my birthday Mike bought me 30 or so boxes of Jell-O. McKay, you can share with me. :)

JM Phocion said...

Wham? Ugh.