Thursday, July 12, 2007

Christlike Attributes


I was just reading through the July visiting teaching message on practicing holiness. I loved the quote by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He said, "Developing Christlike attributes in our lives is not an easy task...The reality check comes when Christlike attributes need to become visible in our lives--as husband or wife, as father or mother, as son or daughter, in our friendships, in our employment, in our business, and in our recreation. We can recognize our growth, as can those around us, as we gradually increase our capacity to 'act in all holiness before [Him]' (D&C 43:9)" I was thinking along these same lines the other night when Jeff and I were discussing the events of the day and I made the comment that kids have a way of putting a magnifying glass on all of a parent's faults. In a way, I am grateful for that, for them showing me that I still have much to learn and master before I am a truly Christlike person. I am also grateful for wonderful Church leaders who have such a loving and positive manner, always encouraging us to do better than we are.

No comments: