Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Lazy Blogger

(What a great name for a blog!  Someone should get on that.)

Not a lazy person, but when it comes to blogging I have become lazy.  I want to blog.  I still love reading other peoples blogs.  But when it comes to my own blog, meh.  I blame it on using my phone camera as my primary camera.  The pictures never seem to make it to my computer. Apparently I am also a lazy photographer. ;)  If we're all ok being mostly picture-less, blogging may pick up. Or maybe not.  We'll see.  Haha.

Love you all.  Hope you're Thanksgiving was great. We had a lovely small celebration with just my little brood plus parents and brother.  While we were small in numbers, we had enough food to feed an army.  And it was good.  It still is good and will hopefully stay good for a few more days.  I like not having to cook.

Black Friday was awesome.  No major deals other than movies, which let's face it, is the only reason I went.  Mom and I started at 6 a.m. on Friday.  Best, least crowded black Friday shopping ever.  Got everything we wanted.  No crowds.  No lines.  No crazy-eyed tiredness.

The kids all have clean rooms.  At the same time.  I know.  I'm shocked, too. The real surprise here is McKay's room.  It is for probably the first time ever (at least since he has been in charge of tidiness) clean to mom's standards. Everyone pick up their jaws.  It really is a miracle.  I've walked in his room several times today to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  Wanna know my secret?  I followed him in his room, climbed on his bed and basically bossed him around while I played on my phone.  I think I'll write a parenting book called Everything I Need to Know as a Mom I learned from being the oldest child. It has potential.

Christmas is coming.  I am off the wall excited.  I haven't been this excited since I was a kid.  I've worked hard this year to have everything bought by about Thanksgiving.  Kids, Jeff, parents, siblings, cousins, friends, etc. While it's not ALL done, Christmas could be tomorrow and I would be satisfied with what IS done.  That is huge.  There are still lots of little projects to finish up, most important helping the kids finish their name gifts for each other.  I'm hoping these next few weeks will be filled with fun memory making moments instead of stress and tears and sickness brought on my stress and tears.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend/start of your week.  I have big plans to enjoy mine which I'm sure the kids will foil as quickly as possible with ideas of their own. :)  Happy December 1st!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Inspiring for me! It was fun for me to read. :)

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

I wish my kids would clean their rooms without being bossed around! Sariah is the worst offender and she is 13!! I'm glad you have a good Thanksgiving! And I haven't even started my Christmas shopping! (and I wish I was more inspired to blog)

Emily Youngdell said...

It makes me really happy to see that you are still blogging! I have gone back and forth with it and I still love it so I am trying to get into it again. I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well!

Melissa said...

Happy December. :) You can totaly blog without pictures! I keep thinking I should blog more but then I don't do it.