Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tea time!

If you know me, you know that I love to throw a good party. Movie-themed parties are the best. To celebrate the end of 33 and ring in 34, I hosted an Austenland themed tea/birthday party for my movie group. 

The set-up:

Somehow I managed to not get a picture of the tea table set. :( It was lovely though. 

I served a traditional English tea with cucumber sandwiches, English cream scones with clotted cream and black current preserves, and petit fours (thanks for those Cami!) instead of tea we drank presse (at least it was a close as I could come to it). Presse is a sparkling water flavored with a syrup. 

Games- 
Which Austen Character are you? Somehow all three times I took the Quiz I got Fanny Price. Say what?!
Austenland MadLibs- another shout out to Cami for putting those together!
Old Maid- so fun. Jane Austen characters served as the matches (people not couples) and Miss Austen as the old maid. 


Fun Stuff-
Lots more food!

Design your own hat:

Modeling our beautiful creations:






Last but not least we watched Austenland while coloring in our Jane Austen coloring books. 

I am so grateful to have such a lovely group of friends to help ease into being another year older!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so creative. Glad you enjoyed your birthday. :)

Sally said...

This looks like so much fun! Way to take your birthday into your own hands. :)