Monday, January 24, 2011

I love a good weekend. And last weekend was fabulous.

Friday and Saturday I once again went to the Get Down With Scrapbooking charity event (supporting the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation).  I honestly have not scrapbooked since this event last January.  There was no way I was going to be ready, but thanks to a few late nights, Cami (who keeps me company on said nights) and my dear Dr., Dr. Pepper, I was ready in plenty of time.

I managed to pump out 20 (2-page) layouts most with both journaling and a title.  Some of them were even cute. ;)  Really, I was quite pleased with almost every one.  It was so enjoyable for 2 days to sit with good friends and family, scrapbook, chat, win prizes, eat junk, etc.  Even the fact that I had to speak in Sacrament meeting on Sunday didn't get me down.  I'm looking forward to a year of more consistent scrapbooking and maybe even learning some new techniques.  Possibly even playing more with Photoshop Elements more.

If you're interested, here is the link to view a few of my pages. Cami and Anisa's are also there as well.  They might not be up right away, so check back.

Sunday Jeff and I had to speak.  Ugh.  Well. It wasn't too bad.  The worst part was putting forth effort when the inspiration wasn't there. Once it hit, though, I had my talk written within a few hours.  I wasn't terribly nervous, no overflowing of tears (though I did get a little choked up), and I managed to not read straight from the paper. One talk down. One to go.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time!
Oh wait. I was there too!

I'm glad you felt good about your talks. Lemme know if you want your kids to sit with us while you give your next talk. :)