Monday, February 9, 2009

The Weekend

Lyndsi's birthday is tomorrow, but we had a bunch of her little friends over on Friday to help her celebrate. It was a good, old-fashioned birthday party, complete with balloons and streamers. Games we played were charades, telephone, several different balloon relay games, and duck, duck, goose. We also did "heavy, heavy hang over" when it was time for presents. The girls had never heard of it and LOVED it! We had little heart shaped cakes and strawberry ice cream and then the girls each got a Hannah Montana goodie bag to take home filled with all kinds of fun little treasures.

Can I tell you this was the least stressful party I have ever done? That may have something to do with the fact that there was no theme to carefully plan everything around. :) I was a little worried that the kids wouldn't love it, but they all seemed to have lots of fun. My friend that works in primary with me told me Lyndsi told her all about it as she walked Lyndsi down to the drinking fountain. So, if the birthday girl loved it, that's all that matters.

I promise I'll post a few pictures soon.

Saturday we had some cousins come over who missed the party. The kids loved that and quite frankly mom and dad did too. It was nice to visit with them for a little while as the kids played. After they left, my two little ones spent the entire afternoon outside "helping" dad and playing. I got all my cans out to my new rotating shelf. I also was able to get started on some things I'm making for Lyndsi's birthday (which I am SO excited about). Later on we surprised the kids and took them out for dinner. (Gotta love Denny's "kids eat free" nights!)

It was such a productive and peaceful and relaxing day all rolled into one. I hope you guys all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

nateandcj said...

Happy Birthday Lyndsi!! And we are totally with on the "kids eat free" night too!!

Cami said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend!
I didn't know about kids eat free night...Hmmm, we haven't been anywhere but Wendy's since Ella was a baby!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

For some reason I had it in my head that Lyndsi's birthday was not until march! It sounds like they had fun! I think all the birthday parties I have planned with the exception of one, was low key and no theme! (sariah's fifth was a swim party, and Mckay was a little baby!!) Anyway, Happy Birthday Lyndsi!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Lyndsi. I hope you have fun playing with your presents. I miss you. I hope I can play with you when I come to visit sometime.
Sincerely, Sadie